Last year, the Ontario Division of the Canadian Cancer Society invested $23.6 million in research that could save lives, find ways to prevent cancer and create more effective ways to treat the disease. The Canadian Cancer Society dedicates 100% of the net Lottery proceeds to research into all types of cancer, which benefits people all across Ontario.
Five reasons to support Canadian Cancer Society research
- A 2010 study showed that researchers funded by the Canadian Cancer Society are making a bigger scientific impact than other researchers in Canada.
- The Canadian Cancer Society uses an internationally recognized peer review process to allocate its research dollars to the most promising projects across the country.
- In addition to basic laboratory research, the Society provides funding for clinical trials and behavioural research focused on prevention, early detection, screening and quality of life issues.
- Thanks to Society-funded research, cancer treatment and the quality of life for patients during treatment have dramatically improved in the past 20 years.
- Cancer research saves lives. Today, 62 percent of people diagnosed with cancer will survive, compared with 1 in 3 in the 1960s.
Lottery web site: lottery.cancer.ca
Latest News about Canadian Cancer Society Lottery
- Tickets are now available for the 2017 Big Brothers Big Sisters of PEI Dream Cottage Draw May 24, 2017 Charlottetown, PEI, May 24, 2017 — Another year, another chance to support the Big Brothers Big Sisters of Prince Edward Island with their annual Dream Cottage Draw! Proceeds from the lottery support their mission to boost the confidence and self esteem of the Island’s children, which they do through their transformative mentorship programs. The lottery ...
- 2017/2018 BUH Foundation Monthly Lottery May Draw happens soon! May 23, 2017 NORTH BATTLEFORD, SK, May 23, 2017 — 13 more monthly cash winners are about to be drawn! Stay tuned for the winning names following the draw on Friday. Tickets are eligible in every monthly draw, and there’s ten more to go so grab your tickets to join in the fun! See full article for details.
- Early Bird Deadline is May 24th for the 2017 Big Brothers Big Sisters of PEI Dream Cottage Draw May 22, 2017 PEI, May 22, 2017 —The Big Brothers Big Sisters of PEI Dream Cottage Draw is back for 2017 and the first ticket sales deadline is fast approaching! $7,500 for the Early Bird prize would be a nice way to start off your summer, wouldn’t it? See full article for details and links.
- Cash Calendar Draws are now underway for the 2017 Spring Hospitals of Regina Home Lottery May 22, 2017 REGINA, SK, May 22, 2017 — The first seven daily winners have been announced for the 2017 Spring Hospitals of Regina Home Lottery daily cash game! $1,000 will be awarded every day until August 24th, so remember to check back daily! See full article for details.
- 2017 Full House Lottery Early Bird Draw Happens Wednesday, May 24th May 22, 2017 EDMONTON, AB, May 22, 2017 — If you grabbed your ticket in the 2017 Full House Lottery before May 4 at midnight, then you could be jumping into a whole new lifestyle this Wednesday, May 24 if you’re drawn as the Early Bird winner. Check back for the results following the draw. You ...
- Grab your ticket and see the world with the Campbell River Hospital Foundation Because You Care Lottery! May 19, 2017 CAMPBELL RIVER, BC, May 19, 2017 — Where would you go with $10,000 in travel vouchers, and what experiences would you indulge in with $10,000 in cash? You’ll have to buy tickets to the lottery to find out! Plus, the second prize winner will be off to Mexico for a week, and the third ...
- 2017 Princess Margaret Cancer Centre Home Lottery Cash Calendar cut-off is Friday! May 19, 2017 TORONTO, Ontario, May 19, 2017 — The Cash Calendar promises 100 days of excitement for its ticket buyers. The main lottery and 50/50 have sold out, but the Cash Calendar tickets are still available for $25 online. $10,000 will be awarded daily, and $20,000 on Fridays! See full article for details.
- You can now take a Video Tour of the Maric Dream Home in the 2017 Tri-Hospital Dream Lottery! May 19, 2017 WINNIPEG, MANITOBA, May 19, 2017 — There are four amazing Grand Prize choices in the Tri-Hospital Dream Lottery, including the $1.5 Million Maric Dream Home package. You can now take a video tour of this home that will be built in the new Bonavista neighbourhood. Tickets are available now! See full article for details.
- Final Deadline is May 25th for the 43rd Annual OFAH Conservation Lottery, and Final Draws are on May 26th May 19, 2017 ONTARIO, May 19, 2017 — What do you need to tackle the Great outdoors this summer? A new truck? A boat? A trailer? The Grand Prize has it all, plus there are plenty more vehicles and other exciting prizes to be won. Tickets are on sale until noon on May 25th, and the final ...
- 2017 Spring London Dream Home Lottery Bonus Draw deadline is on May 24th May 19, 2017 LONDON, ON, May 19, 2017 — $10,000 could be yours to travel the world if you’re one of the five Bonus Draw winners. All you need to do is buy your ticket before the deadline, and you’ll be entered to win in this draw, plus the Early Bird Draws in June and Final Draws in ...