Last year, the Ontario Division of the Canadian Cancer Society invested $23.6 million in research that could save lives, find ways to prevent cancer and create more effective ways to treat the disease. The Canadian Cancer Society dedicates 100% of the net Lottery proceeds to research into all types of cancer, which benefits people all across Ontario.
Five reasons to support Canadian Cancer Society research
- A 2010 study showed that researchers funded by the Canadian Cancer Society are making a bigger scientific impact than other researchers in Canada.
- The Canadian Cancer Society uses an internationally recognized peer review process to allocate its research dollars to the most promising projects across the country.
- In addition to basic laboratory research, the Society provides funding for clinical trials and behavioural research focused on prevention, early detection, screening and quality of life issues.
- Thanks to Society-funded research, cancer treatment and the quality of life for patients during treatment have dramatically improved in the past 20 years.
- Cancer research saves lives. Today, 62 percent of people diagnosed with cancer will survive, compared with 1 in 3 in the 1960s.
Lottery web site: lottery.cancer.ca
Latest News about Canadian Cancer Society Lottery
- End of Summer Bonus Deadline is September 4 for the 2015 BC Children’s Hospital Dream Lottery August 28, 2015 VANCOUVER, BC, August 28, 2015 — The “End of Summer Bonus” deadline for the BC Children’s Hospital Dream Lottery is just around the corner. Midnight, Friday, September 4 2015 to be exact. The winner will choose a 2015 Tiguan 4MOTION® SUV, or choose a luxury trip gift card worth $20,000 for trips along with $8,000 ...
- Final Deadline is August 27 for 2015 Kinsmen Lotto for the Alberta Children’s Hospital August 26, 2015 ALBERTA, August 26, 2015 — This year the 2015 Kinsmen Lotto for the Alberta Children’s Hospital has a $2 Million Grand Prize Show Home located in Timberline Estates, 4 new cars and 8 vacations. Last chance – the final deadline is approaching fast … August 27.
- SickKids Lottery Early Bonus Deadline next week August 26, 2015 ONTARIO, August 26, 2015 — The Early Bonus deadline is midnight September 3, so if you support the SickKids Hospital and the life-saving work they do, visit their website to order your tickets online now, or call 1-800-994-1603 or (416) 385-6117. Ordering your tickets before this deadline gives you a chance to win a 2015 ...
- Loyalty Prize Deadline is August 28 for the 2015 Canadian Cancer Society Fall Daily Lottery August 26, 2015 ONTARIO, August 26, 2015 — The deadline for the $25,000 Loyalty prize is approaching fast for the 2015 Fall Daily Lottery. To be eligible for this prize, tickets need to be purchased by August 28. This year, the lottery is offering 5,892 prizes with a total value over $4.4 million!
- Travel Prize Deadline is August 26 for 2015 Big Brothers Big Sisters of PEI 22nd Dream Cottage Draw August 25, 2015 PEI, August 25, 2015 — Ticket purchasers could win a WestJet Flight Voucher – One roundtrip for two to any regularly scheduled WestJet destination. Travel Prize Deadline is August 26.
- Dream Bonus Winner Announced for 2015 Dream Lottery 4 Kids August 24, 2015 MANITOBA, August 24, 2015 — Dream Lottery 4 Kids announced their Dream Bonus winner. The winner will choose vacations for 5 years plus $5,000 cash, or choose 2015 BMW 428i Coupe plus $1,200 cash, or choose $42,000 cash.
- Loyalty Draw Winners Announced for the 2015 Cash and Cars Lottery August 24, 2015 ALBERTA, August 24, 2015 — The Cash and Cars Lottery announced their Loyalty Draw Winners. We’ve listed the top four prize winners, and a quick link to the lottery website for more details for you. The lottery, which raises funds for Cross Cancer Institute, Tom Baker Cancer Centre, and 15 other regional and community ...
- Final Deadline is Next Week August 27 for 2015 Kinsmen Lotto for the Alberta Children’s Hospital August 20, 2015 ALBERTA, August 20, 2015 — The final deadline is approaching fast; the cutoff to get your tickets is August 27. The 2015 Kinsmen Lotto for the Alberta Children’s Hospital is offering a $2 Million Grand Prize Show Home located in Timberline Estates, 4 new cars and 8 vacations as well as lots of other prizes, ...
- VIP Deadline is August 28 for the 2015 Calgary Hospital Home Lottery August 20, 2015 CALGARY, AB, August 20, 2015 — The VIP deadline for the Calgary Hospital Home Lottery is only days away. The VIP prize package for this fall’s fundraiser for the Calgary Health Trust is a trip to Maui each year for three years, or the winner can take $24,000 cash.
- Travel Prize Deadline is Next Week August 26 for 2015 Big Brothers Big Sisters of PEI 22nd Dream Cottage Draw August 19, 2015 PEI, August 19, 2015 — This year the 2015 Big Brothers Big Sisters of PEI are giving away a Travel Prize. Ticket purchasers could win a WestJet Flight Voucher – One roundtrip for two to any regularly scheduled WestJet destination.