Last year, the Ontario Division of the Canadian Cancer Society invested $23.6 million in research that could save lives, find ways to prevent cancer and create more effective ways to treat the disease. The Canadian Cancer Society dedicates 100% of the net Lottery proceeds to research into all types of cancer, which benefits people all across Ontario.
Five reasons to support Canadian Cancer Society research
- A 2010 study showed that researchers funded by the Canadian Cancer Society are making a bigger scientific impact than other researchers in Canada.
- The Canadian Cancer Society uses an internationally recognized peer review process to allocate its research dollars to the most promising projects across the country.
- In addition to basic laboratory research, the Society provides funding for clinical trials and behavioural research focused on prevention, early detection, screening and quality of life issues.
- Thanks to Society-funded research, cancer treatment and the quality of life for patients during treatment have dramatically improved in the past 20 years.
- Cancer research saves lives. Today, 62 percent of people diagnosed with cancer will survive, compared with 1 in 3 in the 1960s.
Lottery web site: lottery.cancer.ca
Latest News about Canadian Cancer Society Lottery
- Grand Prize deadline is October 26th for the 2017 Vancouver Opera Lotteries – Summer October 19, 2017 VANCOUVER, BC, October 19, 2017 — A new BMW could be sitting in your driveway soon, if you purchased a ticket to the Vancouver Opera Lottery! There’s still one week to enter the draw, but only 5,000 tickets are available so don’t miss your chance. Plus there’s a 50/50 you can play for up to $20,000 ...
- Early Bird deadline is October 26th for the 2017 Hamilton Burlington SPCA Fall Lottery October 19, 2017 HAMILTON, ON, October 19, 2017 — Every ticket purrchased helps Hamilton’s homeless, neglected, or abused animals, and it also puts you in the running for some fabulous cash prizes. It’s a win-win, really, for both you and the animals affected. The deadline for the Early Bird prize of $2,500 is coming up, no better time ...
- Final draws are next week for the 2017 Alberta Cancer Foundation Cash and Cars Lottery October 19, 2017 CALGARY, AB, October 19, 2017 — Ticket sales are over for the 2017 Alberta Cancer Foundation Cash and Cars Lottery and now the anticipation is settling in. The top ten winners will be broadcasted on Global TV, stay tuned to Home Lottery News as we announce who won! See full article for details.
- Final Deadline Tonight in the 2017 VIP Lottery’s Cash for Kids Calendar October 18, 2017 Ontario, October 19, 2017 — The Canadian Cancer Society’s VIP Lottery is sold out but there are still Cash for Kids Calendar tickets are available until midnight tonight. The Cash for Kids Calendar Lottery will be drawing winners every day in November: 3 Daily Prizes of $1,000 3 Weekly Bonus Prizes of $5,000 3 Grand Prizes to wrap up ...
- Super Bonus Deadline Tomorrow in the 2017 HSC Millionaire Lottery October 18, 2017 WINNIPEG, MB, October 18, 2017 — Don’t wait… order your tickets in the HSC Millionaire Lottery and get your chance to win the Super Bonus prize, worth more than $40,000! Choose one of these four exciting prize options: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro ($42,930 value) OR Choose 10 Day African Sky Safari for 2 adults ($40,000 value) OR Choose 7 Day Tahitian Cruise ...
- Early Bird #1 deadline is October 25th for the 2017 Rotary Mega Lottery October 18, 2017 FORT ST. JOHN, BC, October 18, 2017 — Join in the fun early! $5,000 is up for grabs in the first Early Bird draw. The deadline is on Wednesday and tickets are only $20. See full article for details.
- Bonus Draw winner announced for The Princess Margaret Cancer Centre’s 2017 Fall Home Lottery October 18, 2017 TORONTO, ON, October 18, 2017 — What better way to experience what Toronto is all about than with a brand new condo and tickets to the hottest games in town? Plus a nice $25,000 to sweeten the deal. The Princess Margaret Cancer Centre’s 2017 Fall Home Lottery Bonus Prize winner gets all of that! Was ...
- Tickets over 80% sold for the 2017 Stollery Mighty Millions Lottery October 17, 2017 EDMONTON, AB, October 17, 2017 — Albertans sure do love their Home Lotteries- the Mighty Millions is almost sold out! No wonder, with a Grand Prize home worth $2.3 Million plus $100,000 cash for the winner. Do you have your ticket yet? See full article for details and links.
- Only 2 Days to Loyalty Deadline for the 2017 Fall London Dream Lottery October 16, 2017 LONDON, Ontario, October 17, 2017 — There’s only TWO DAYS LEFT to order your tickets before the Loyalty Draw deadline this Thursday! Fulfill your travel dreams… take the vacation you’ve always dreamed of! The possibilities are endless and only limited to your imagination! Choose from a $52,000 Robert Q Travel Certificate, OR $1,000 a week for a ...
- Tickets to the 2017 Calgary Hospital Home Lottery are over 95% sold! October 16, 2017 CALGARY, AB, October 16, 2017 — Don’t miss your chance to support the Calgary Health Trust and play this lottery with a Grand Prize Showhome worth $2.4 million and an Early Bird prize to rekindle your love of nature with a luxury condo in Canmore. See full article for details.