Last year, the Ontario Division of the Canadian Cancer Society invested $23.6 million in research that could save lives, find ways to prevent cancer and create more effective ways to treat the disease. The Canadian Cancer Society dedicates 100% of the net Lottery proceeds to research into all types of cancer, which benefits people all across Ontario.
Five reasons to support Canadian Cancer Society research
- A 2010 study showed that researchers funded by the Canadian Cancer Society are making a bigger scientific impact than other researchers in Canada.
- The Canadian Cancer Society uses an internationally recognized peer review process to allocate its research dollars to the most promising projects across the country.
- In addition to basic laboratory research, the Society provides funding for clinical trials and behavioural research focused on prevention, early detection, screening and quality of life issues.
- Thanks to Society-funded research, cancer treatment and the quality of life for patients during treatment have dramatically improved in the past 20 years.
- Cancer research saves lives. Today, 62 percent of people diagnosed with cancer will survive, compared with 1 in 3 in the 1960s.
Lottery web site: lottery.cancer.ca
Latest News about Canadian Cancer Society Lottery
- Final Deadline is February 17 for 2015 Bluewater Health Foundation Dream Home Lottery February 7, 2016 ONTARIO, February 7, 2016 — The 21st Bluewater Health Foundation Dream Home Lottery is nearly over. The deadline to purchase tickets is Feb. 14. Their grand prize is the choice between a fully furnished home or $300,000! For more details and direct links see the complete article.
- Deadline Friday for $25,000 Loyalty Prize in Canadian Cancer Society Lottery February 3, 2016 ONTARIO, February 3, 2016 — Don’t miss Friday’s deadline to get your tickets for the $25,000 Loyalty Bonus Prize Draw, in Ontario’s Biggest Cash and Cars lottery! There are only two days left to place your order before the deadline of midnight February 5, 2016. The Canadian Cancer Society’s 2016 Daffodil Daily Lottery gives you more ...
- Cut-Offs for Early Bird 8 & 9 Approaching for 2015 Spruce Kings Show Home Lottery February 1, 2016 PRINCE GEORGE, BC, February 1, 2016 — The Spruce Kings 2015/2016 Show Home Lottery has two early bird cut-offs in February. Their Early Bird #8 prize is a diamond & amethyst pendant from Paris Jewellers, valued at $599, the deadline is February 8 at 6pm, draw at 8pm. The 9th Early Bird prize is a ...
- Final Draws for the 2015 Millionaire Lottery this Thursday February 1, 2016 VANCOUVER, February 1, 2016 — The final prize draws for the 2015 Millionaire Lottery begin Thursday, February 4, 2016 from 11:30 am to 1 pm live on Global TV. Websites and social media will undoubtedly be busy with the tweets and comments from hopeful ticket holders in the widely played home lottery. Stay tuned to ...
- Shop4Charity Valentine’s Sweepstakes January 29, 2016 CANADA, January 29, 2016 — Shop4Charity is excited to announce a new fundraising initiative: the 2016 Valentine’s Sweepstakes is in support of the Canadian Breast Cancer Foundation. By purchasing† a beautiful bouquet of 24 roses for your loved one, they will receive 1 entry for a chance to win 1 of 4 travel adventures, valued at ...
- Early Bird Deadline is February 3 for the Winter Heart&Stroke Lottery January 27, 2016 ONTARIO, January 27, 2016 — The Early Bird prize for the 2015/16 Winter Heart&Stroke Lottery is BIG! Imagine winning a 2016 Aston Martin V12 Vantage S Coupe valued at $236,023 or having the option of taking $200,000 instead. Tickets must be purchased by February 3, 2016 to be eligible for these fantastic Early Bird prizes. See ...
- 2016 Foothills Hospital Home Lottery Now Underway January 26, 2016 CALGARY, January 26, 2016 — Marking 20 years of success, The Calgary Health Trust recently launched the 2016 Foothills Hospital Home Lottery. The ever-popular home lottery offers 7,575 prizes in total, worth approximately $5.4 million. The lottery features two Grand Prizes: a $2.4 million Grand Prize Island Showhome, and $1.3 million Grand Prize Canmore Villa.
- Grande Prairie’s Dream Home loyalty draw deadline Sunday January 26, 2016 GRANDE PRAIRIE, January 25, 2016 — Defying recession talk, sales in the Dream Home Lottery are up substantially compared to last year, ahead of Sunday’s Loyalty Draw deadline. Read the full article for details on the Loyalty Draw prize, as well as more information on this very successful lottery.
- 2016 Princess Margaret Home Lottery Now Underway January 25, 2016 TORONTO, January 25, 2016 — The new Princess Margaret Home Lottery is underway with more than 14,000 prizes worth over $12 million, including the biggest grand prize ever offered in this lottery – a $4.56 million package that includes the $3.7 million Kleinburg Showhome, a $700,000 cottage in the Muskokas, and $100,000 cash.
- Early Bonus Deadline is February 5 for the 2015/16 SickKids Lottery January 25, 2016 TORONTO, January 25, 2016 — Don’t miss the upcoming deadline of February 5 for the new SickKids Lottery Early Bonus prize: a fabulous luxury 2016 Land Rover! This luxury compact SUV is one of the more than 38,000 exciting prizes available in this year’s lottery which is more exciting than ever. With each ticket purchase, ...