Last year, the Ontario Division of the Canadian Cancer Society invested $23.6 million in research that could save lives, find ways to prevent cancer and create more effective ways to treat the disease. The Canadian Cancer Society dedicates 100% of the net Lottery proceeds to research into all types of cancer, which benefits people all across Ontario.
Five reasons to support Canadian Cancer Society research
- A 2010 study showed that researchers funded by the Canadian Cancer Society are making a bigger scientific impact than other researchers in Canada.
- The Canadian Cancer Society uses an internationally recognized peer review process to allocate its research dollars to the most promising projects across the country.
- In addition to basic laboratory research, the Society provides funding for clinical trials and behavioural research focused on prevention, early detection, screening and quality of life issues.
- Thanks to Society-funded research, cancer treatment and the quality of life for patients during treatment have dramatically improved in the past 20 years.
- Cancer research saves lives. Today, 62 percent of people diagnosed with cancer will survive, compared with 1 in 3 in the 1960s.
Lottery web site: lottery.cancer.ca
Latest News about Canadian Cancer Society Lottery
- 2017 Spring Friends for Life Lottery Early Bird Ticket Sales end April 3rd March 28, 2017 EDMONTON, AB, March 28, 2017 — The Early Bird draw could make you $6,000 richer. Wouldn’t that be nice? And for only $20 a ticket (or less in bundles), showing your support to the Edmonton Humane Society is affordable and fun! See full article for details and links to tickets.
- Refresh: 2016 Stollery Mighty Millions Lottery Winners March 27, 2017 Edmonton, Alberta, March 27, 2017 — In case you didn’t have a chance to check yet, all the winners have been drawn for Stollery Children’s Hospital Foundation’s Mighty Millions Lottery. We previously published two news articles about the major prize winners and the calendar draw winners , and we also have a reference page showing these major prize winners ...
- 2017 Saskatoon Spring Cash Lottery Final Cash and Super Supporter Draw are happening March 31 March 27, 2017 SASKATOON, SK, March 27, 2017 — You can also hear the animals cheering you on as the race to the final grand prize draw nears an end. There have been draws every day since March 1 and the end is in sight! Do you have your ticket handy? See full article for details
- 2017 Alberta SPCA Spring Cash Lottery Final Draw is Friday! March 27, 2017 EDMONTON, AB, March 27, 2017 — The Grand Prize of $25,000 cash could be yours on Friday if you are holding a ticket to the 2017 Alberta SPCA Spring Cash Lottery! There are also plenty more cash prizes to be won. Stay tuned for the winners announcements following the draw. See full article for details
- 2017 Grande Prairie Rotary Club Dream Home Lottery Early Bird #3 Cut-off is April 2 March 27, 2017 GRANDE PRAIRIE, AB, March 27, 2017 — Could your garage really use a new 2017 GMC Terrain FWD valued at $32,550? If so you’ll want to make sure you buy your ticket in the 2017 Grande Prairie Rotary Club Dream Home Early Bird #3 draw before the cut-off on April 2nd. Don’t let your garage ...
- Look out! The 2017 Spring Canadian Cancer Society Daffodil Daily Lottery is over 70% sold out! March 26, 2017 TORONTO, ON, March 23, 2017 — Tickets are flying off the shelves- don’t miss your chance at an entire month of daily cash and car giveaways, a 50/50 jackpot currently over $800,000, over $1.1 million in Early Bird prizes and a Super Grand Prize of $1 Million cash! Tickets are still available online. Tickets ...
- Find out if you’re a winner in the 2016/2017 SickKids Lottery! March 25, 2017 TORONTO, ON, March 24, 2017 — Did you buy a lottery ticket to support SickKids? If so, you could have won big in Wednesday’s final draws. We have the major winners here, and there’s a complete list available now on their website. There could be a shiny new toy with your name on it… See ...
- 2016/2017 Heart & Stroke Lottery Major Winners Selected March 24, 2017 TORONTO, ON, March 24, 2017 — The SEVEN Grand Prize winners, 50/50 jackpot winner, and remaining prize winners have been announced! Did you win the $1 Million cash? Or maybe a new vehicle has your name on it? There’s only one way to find out! See article for details and major winners.
- Hurry! The 2017 BC Children’s Hospital Choices Lottery Early Bird Deadline is Midnight, March 31 March 24, 2017 VANCOUVER, BC, March 24, 2017 — The Early Bird winner will be bitten by the travel bug, with 20 years of travel to look forward to as their prize!. Or, they may choose the condo by the lake or the cash payout of $250,000. Want your chance to win? Buy your ticket before next ...
- 2016/2017 BUH Foundation’s March monthly draw is almost here! March 24, 2017 NORTH BATTLEFORD, SK, March 24, 2017 — The last monthly draw in the 2016 lottery to support the Battlefords Union Hospital is next Friday. If you have a ticket, you are eligible to win a cash prize up to $1000. Don’t have your ticket? Pick up the phone and grab one today! See full article ...