Last year, the Ontario Division of the Canadian Cancer Society invested $23.6 million in research that could save lives, find ways to prevent cancer and create more effective ways to treat the disease. The Canadian Cancer Society dedicates 100% of the net Lottery proceeds to research into all types of cancer, which benefits people all across Ontario.
Five reasons to support Canadian Cancer Society research
- A 2010 study showed that researchers funded by the Canadian Cancer Society are making a bigger scientific impact than other researchers in Canada.
- The Canadian Cancer Society uses an internationally recognized peer review process to allocate its research dollars to the most promising projects across the country.
- In addition to basic laboratory research, the Society provides funding for clinical trials and behavioural research focused on prevention, early detection, screening and quality of life issues.
- Thanks to Society-funded research, cancer treatment and the quality of life for patients during treatment have dramatically improved in the past 20 years.
- Cancer research saves lives. Today, 62 percent of people diagnosed with cancer will survive, compared with 1 in 3 in the 1960s.
Lottery web site: lottery.cancer.ca
Latest News about Canadian Cancer Society Lottery
- Tickets now available for the 2017 BUH Foundation’s $100,000 Cash Lottery August 17, 2017 NORTH BATTLEFORD, SK, August 17, 2017 — If you support the Battlefords Union Hospital then why not grab a ticket to their newly launched lottery? One ticket means one chance to win $100,000 cash, and the earlier you buy, the more draws you’ll be entered in! See full article for details.
- 2017 Caritas Dream Life Lottery has announced their Loyalty Draw winner August 17, 2017 EDMONTON, AB, August 17, 2017 — Would you choose a trip to Athens, Greece or Honolulu, Hawaii? The Loyalty Draw winner has been named, and has a decision to make. Next up is the Bonus Draw- do you have you ticket yet? The deadline is in a couple weeks. See full article for details.
- Appreciation Reward Deadline is TONIGHT for the 2017 BC Children’s Hospital Dream Lottery August 17, 2017 VANCOUVER, BC, August 17, 2017 — Who will be the first winner in the 2017 BC Children’s Hospital Dream Lottery? The Appreciation Reward could be your ticket to travel, cash, or a new car. The purchase deadline is tonight. See full article for details.
- Travel Prize deadline is August 23rd for the 2017 Big Brothers Big Sisters of PEI Dream Cottage Draw August 16, 2017 CHARLOTTETOWN, PEI, August 16, 2017 — Longing for the chance to get away and fulfill your travel dreams? Purchase your tickets for the 2017 Big Brothers Big Sisters of PEI Dream Cottage Draw before the August 23 cut-off, and you could be hopping on a plane to your dream destination in no time. See full ...
- Fresh New Fall VIP Lottery Kicks Off in Support of the Canadian Cancer Society August 15, 2017 Ontario, August 16, 2017 — With the best odds of winning ever offered, the Canadian Cancer Society kicked off its brand new Fall VIP Lottery this past week. With 1 in 5 odds of winning, and only 80,000 tickets for sale, Ontario’s Biggest Cash and Cars lottery is better than ever. Home Lottery News readers are ...
- Loyalty Draw is August 18th for the 2017 Alberta Cancer Foundation Cash and Cars Lottery August 15, 2017 CALGARY, AB, August 15, 2017 —If you grabbed a ticket before the loyalty deadline, then there could be $100,000 in your future. We’ll find out who wins this week. See full article for details
- Loyalty Draw is August 17th for the 2017 Caritas Dream Life Lottery August 14, 2017 EDMONTON, AB, August 14, 2017 — The history of Athens and the beaches of Honolulu are waiting to be explored by the winner of the 2017 Caritas Dream Life Lottery’s Loyalty Draw, who will get the chance to travel to one of these breathtaking destinations. There are also Bonus, Early Bird and Cash Calendar ...
- The Early Bird #3 online deadline is August 19th for the 2017 PNE Prize Home Lottery August 14, 2017 VANCOUVER, BC, August 14, 2017 — Wine & cheese, fine art, the Eiffel Tower… the reasons to take a trip to the City of Love are endless, and the chance to see it for yourself is one lottery ticket purchase away. The 2017 PNE Prize Home Lottery is offering up a 7-night Transat Air and ...
- Early Bird sales cut-off is August 16th for the 2017 Regina Humane Society Friends for Life Lottery August 10, 2017 REGINA, SK, August 10, 2017 — How many doggie treats could you buy with $5,000? Enough for a really good boy! Or, you can spend the winnings on treats for yourself! Either way, don’t miss the Early Bird deadline for your chance to win early. See full article for details.
- Complete winners list available for the 2017 Hometown Heroes Lottery August 8, 2017 VANCOUVER, BC, August 8, 2017 — This just in! The complete winners list is now available for the 2017 Hometown Heroes Lottery. Who took the Grand Prize, the 50/50 jackpot, and the cars, cash and vacations? Was it you? See full article for major winners.