Last year, the Ontario Division of the Canadian Cancer Society invested $23.6 million in research that could save lives, find ways to prevent cancer and create more effective ways to treat the disease. The Canadian Cancer Society dedicates 100% of the net Lottery proceeds to research into all types of cancer, which benefits people all across Ontario.
Five reasons to support Canadian Cancer Society research
- A 2010 study showed that researchers funded by the Canadian Cancer Society are making a bigger scientific impact than other researchers in Canada.
- The Canadian Cancer Society uses an internationally recognized peer review process to allocate its research dollars to the most promising projects across the country.
- In addition to basic laboratory research, the Society provides funding for clinical trials and behavioural research focused on prevention, early detection, screening and quality of life issues.
- Thanks to Society-funded research, cancer treatment and the quality of life for patients during treatment have dramatically improved in the past 20 years.
- Cancer research saves lives. Today, 62 percent of people diagnosed with cancer will survive, compared with 1 in 3 in the 1960s.
Lottery web site: lottery.cancer.ca
Latest News about Canadian Cancer Society Lottery
- Fall 2015 Friends for Life Lottery – Supporting Edmonton Humane Society October 6, 2015 EDMONTON, AB, October 10, 2015 — Tickets are still available for the Fall 2015 Friends for Life Lottery. The proceeds from this lottery support the Edmonton Humane Society in their efforts to provide care for thousands of animals every year. Their Grand Prize is $15,000, plus 32 cash prizes of $500, 6 cash prizes of ...
- NEW – 2015 Christmas Wish Lottery October 6, 2015 VANCOUVER, BC, October 6, 2015 — The Christmas Wish Lottery is here … offering 56 prizes, the grand prize is $25,000, the 2nd prize is $5,000, and the 3rd prize is $2,000. Plus 3 prizes of $1,000 each and 50 prizes of $100. This lottery is run by The BC Lions Society for Children with ...
- Early Bird Winner Announced for 2015 SickKids Lottery October 5, 2015 TORONTO, ON, October 5, 2015 — The Early Bird winner for the 2015 SickKids Lottery has been announced. Winning their choice of a 2015 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Z51 Coupe or $75,000 cash is Joanne Saliba of Guelph, ticket #127231.
- Bonus Prize Deadline is October 9 for the 2015 New Brunswick Hospital Home Lottery October 2, 2015 NEW BRUNSWICK, October 2, 2015 — The Bonus Prize deadline for the New Brunswick Hospital Home Lottery is only days away … Friday, October 9, 2015. Ticket purchasers could win an all inclusive vacation at Beaches Turks & Caicos Resort & Spa or choose $10,000.
- Bonus Prize Deadline is October 9 for the 2015 Mighty Millions Lottery October 2, 2015 EDMONTON, AB, October 2, 2015 — The Bonus Prize deadline is approaching for the 2015 Mighty Millions Lottery. Ticket purchasers could win a trip to Maui for the next three years or take $25,000 Cash.
- New! Tickets Now Available for 2015 Cars for Christmas Mega Lottery October 1, 2015 ALBERTA, October 1, 2015 — Tickets are now available for the 2015 Car for Christmas Mega Lottery. 510 prizes with a total value over $460,000! Ticket purchasers could win trucks, cars, cash and more. Watch their Bonus Draw jackpot grow, a guaranteed $50,000 but can grow up to $125,000. There is also the $30,000 ...
- NEW! 2015 Brentwood Lottery October 1, 2015 WINDSOR, ON, October 1, 2015 — The 2015 Brentwood Lottery is here … with a Grand Prize Home worth $322,050, 3 new vehicles, an appliance package valued at $11,348, plus a dream vacation certificate and many more cash prizes. There is also a $25,000 early bird prize, the deadline is November 23 at 9pm.
- NEW for Fall – 30th Ultimate Dream Home Lottery October 1, 2015 NEWFOUNDLAND & LABRADOR, October 1, 2015 — The Ultimate Dream Home is back with a new Early Bird Bonus Draw. It’s your chance to win $15,000. The Early Bird deadline is October 23rd, 2015, Midnight. This year their Ultimate Dream Home package is worth over $740,000. Their second prize is a 2016 Kia Soul LX ...
- Final Deadline is October 8 for the 2015 Dream Lottery 4 Kids October 1, 2015 WINNIPEG, MB, September 25, 2015 — Next week is the final deadline for the 2015 Dream Lottery 4 Kids. This year their lottery has 5 Grand Prize choices, including a choice of $1,025,000 cash. Plus many other fabulous prizes.
- Absolute Final Deadline for 2015 SickKids Lottery September 30, 2015 ONTARIO, September 30, 2015 — Absolute final deadline tomorrow at midnight! Enter the SickKids Lottery before midnight, tomorrow, October 2, for your chance to win one or more of the over 82,000 prizes that will be awarded in this year’s SickKids Lottery! Ontario’s best odds* – 1 in 2! More than $8 Million in prizes to be won! Plus, there ...