Last year, the Ontario Division of the Canadian Cancer Society invested $23.6 million in research that could save lives, find ways to prevent cancer and create more effective ways to treat the disease. The Canadian Cancer Society dedicates 100% of the net Lottery proceeds to research into all types of cancer, which benefits people all across Ontario.
Five reasons to support Canadian Cancer Society research
- A 2010 study showed that researchers funded by the Canadian Cancer Society are making a bigger scientific impact than other researchers in Canada.
- The Canadian Cancer Society uses an internationally recognized peer review process to allocate its research dollars to the most promising projects across the country.
- In addition to basic laboratory research, the Society provides funding for clinical trials and behavioural research focused on prevention, early detection, screening and quality of life issues.
- Thanks to Society-funded research, cancer treatment and the quality of life for patients during treatment have dramatically improved in the past 20 years.
- Cancer research saves lives. Today, 62 percent of people diagnosed with cancer will survive, compared with 1 in 3 in the 1960s.
Lottery web site: lottery.cancer.ca
Latest News about Canadian Cancer Society Lottery
- Early Bird Deadline is next Thursday for the 43rd Annual OFAH Conservation Lottery February 24, 2017 ONTARIO, February 24, 2017 — If you purchase your ticket before next Thursday, you’ll be entered to win one of 40 Early Bird draw prizes, plus you’ll be eligible in their Grand Prize draw for a $99,099.50 vehicle package! Not too shabby for only $3/ticket. See full article for details and links
- The Ultimate Bonus Draw Deadline is coming up in the St-Boniface Mega Million Choices Lottery February 17, 2017 WINNIPEG, MB, February 17, 2017 — Would you like $10,000 to put towards travel? Or how about $8,000 to spend on anything you’d like? Five winners will be selected in the Ultimate Bonus Draw and they’ll have the choice between these two prize options. Buy your ticket before the deadline next Friday to be ...
- 2017 BC Children’s Hospital Choices Lottery February Family Draw cut-off is coming up on Friday February 17, 2017 VANCOUVER, BC, February 17, 2017 — The February Family Draw presents the winner with three prize options worth over $31,000. Which would you choose: the Ultimate Sports Package, vacation gift cards, or the cash? Grab a ticket before the deadline and you may be making this choice soon! See full article for details.
- The Early Bird Deadline is just around the corner for the 2016/2017 SickKids Lottery! February 17, 2017 ONTARIO, February 17, 2017 — The top Early Bird winner in the 2016/2017 SickKids Lottery will have the choice between a slick new Mercedes, or $50,000 cash. What would you choose if you won? First things first, you’ll need a ticket before the deadline next Friday to be eligible! There will also be 495 winners ...
- BUH Foundation’s February monthly draw is happening soon! February 17, 2017 NORTH BATTLEFORD, SK, February 17, 2017 — The second-to-last monthly draw is next Friday! If you have a ticket, you are eligible to win one of their cash prizes! There will be one prize of $1,000, $600, $400, and 10 prizes of $200 given away. Good luck! See full article for details,
- 2017 Spring Canadian Cancer Society Daffodil Daily Lottery Loyalty Draw is just around the corner February 16, 2017 TORONTO, ON, February 16, 2017 — The first draw of the lottery is coming up next Wednesday. Someone is going to be up $25,000- it could be you if you bought your ticket before the cut-off! Check back for winners. Tickets are for sale online, grab yours before the Early Bonus deadline! See article ...
- 2017 Oil Barons Dream Home Lottery Cash 50% Bonus Draw and Final Draws are February 20th February 16, 2017 FORT McMURRAY, AB, February 16, 2017 — That Oil Barons Dream Home Lottery ticket could transform into a set of keys on Monday! There are four vehicles and a dream home to be awarded, plus the Cash 50% Bonus winner will take home at least $136,500 cash. The draws are open to the public, so ...
- 35th Annual Spruce Kings Show Home 4th Early Bird Draw is next week February 15, 2017 PRINCE GEORGE, BC, February 15, 2017 — Early Bird number four of six from the Spruce Kings Show Home Lottery is being awarded next week, and it’ll sure light up your life. Tickets are still available, so grab yours today for a chance to win! See full article for prize and ticket details.
- 2017 Grande Prairie Rotary Club Dream Home Lottery Early Bird #1 Cut-Off is Happening Soon February 15, 2017 GRANDE PRAIRIE, AB, February 15, 2017 —Cabo San Lucas…..Piña Coladas…..Lounging around on the beach, not a care in the world. This, plus so much more could be yours if you purchase your 2017 Grande Prairie Rotary Club Dream Home Lottery Early Bird before February 20! See full article for details
- 2016 Bluewater Health Foundation Dream Home Lottery Final Deadline is next Monday! February 14, 2017 ONTARIO, February 14, 2017 — Do you like helping out the community? Do you also like good odds of winning prizes? Well, you’ll love the 2016 Bluewater Health Foundation Dream Home Lottery. With the final ticket sales deadline coming up in six days, you won’t want to miss out on this one. See full article ...