BRITISH COLUMBIA, July 8, 2015 — We at The Home Lottery News want to a take a minute to salute our loyal BC subscribers, and all the support they provide to hospital foundations and other charities that raise money for good causes in British Columbia.
We’ve written many articles about these fundraising events, and we remind our readers that if you know of a charitable lottery that we should be providing some news coverage about, please contact us.
Here’s a short summary of the lotteries we’ve been writing about recently and their status as of today.
- BC Children’s Hospital lotteries — (likely starting soon) BC Children’s Hospital operates two lotteries each year – the Choices Lottery from January to April, and the Dream Lottery, typically running from mid-July until October. We maintain reference material about the most recent Choices lottery as well as the Dream Lottery. The Dream Lottery typically starts operation in mid-July, so it will likely start very soon.
- BC SPCA Lottery for animals in need — The BC SPCA has held their annual lottery since 2006, typically running from March to May, and offering cash prizes. They have completed all their June cash draws, and the complete list of winners in the lottery is on their 2015 lottery website here.
- Campbell River Hospital Foundation Lottery — This lottery recent wrapped up a successful fundraising campaign, and will likely be back again next spring. Proceeds from the 2015 Lotto will go towards the new Campbell River Hospital. When it is complete in 2017, their new hospital will build on a legacy of care, extending and expanding services through the use of new technologies. The lottery website at www.crhospitalfoundation.ca/because-you-care-lottery has a list of the prize winners for 2015. Our reference page is also available.
- Hometown Heroes Lottery — (in operation) The Hometown Heroes Lottery, close to finishing it’s run for 2015, supports the BC Professional Firefighters’ Burn Fund, and the VGH + UBC Hospital Foundation. We have some recent news about it here. The lottery operates, usually, from April to mid-July. Our reference material and articles are found here.
- Kamloops YWCA and YMCA Dream Home Lottery — This long-running lottery typically operates from April to July, and this year offered a beautiful grand prize home worth almost $600,000. The list of winners for 2015 was recently announced and featured in a news article just today here on the Home Lottery News.
- Lotto for Life, Nanaimo & District Hospital Foundation — In it’s 22nd year of operation this year, the Lotto for Life is the longest-running hospital lottery in BC. The annual lottery usually runs from January to the end of March or early April. You can visit their website or keep tabs on our reference page.
- Millionaire Lottery — The Millionaire Lottery support VGH + UBC Hospital Foundation, and usually operates from October to January. We maintain reference information and list of articles we’ve written about the lottery here.
- PNE Prize Home Lottery — (in operation) The PNE Prize Home Lottery is quite possibly the most well-known and beloved home lottery in BC. Currently running their lottery for 2015, you can visit their website at www.pne.ca/pneprizehome, and also refer to our reference page and recent news. They recently announced the winner of their first early bird draw, which we reported on as well.
- Prince George Hospice Society’s Dream Home Lottery — (in operation) The annual Dream Home Lottery started up a little earlier this year – in May – and runs through to November. The first early bird draw recently took place (see our article), and the next deadline is July 31. This lottery has tremendous community support from their suppliers. Only 8,999 tickets are offered for sale this year. The grand prize home is valued at $465,000.
- Prince George Spruce Kings Show Home Lottery — Typically running from October through to February, the Show Home Lottery supports the Spruce Kings, and is the team’s largest fund raising effort, accounting for over more than 65% of their total operating budget. The most recent lottery offered a grand prize home package valued over $500,000, plus many other prizes as well.
- Rotary Car Raffle — (in operation) Supporting the Rotary Clubs in the Victoria area, proceeds from this lottery will support major efforts to improve food collection and distribution to vulnerable communities in the Greater Victoria area. Refer to our reference page for links to their website and for recent news.
- Variety – The Children’s Charity Lottery — Since 2013, Variety – The Children’s Charity Lottery has operated the Show of Hearts Lottery, offering a draw for a Dream Vacation. Prior to 2013, the lottery was a mega lottery offering large grand prize homes and associated prizes. The Show of Hearts lottery typically runs in January and February, and coincides with the Show of Hearts telethon.