Celebrate with the Red Cross Lottery!
ONTARIO, May 9, 2012 — From May 6 – 12, the Canadian Red Cross family will be celebrating Red Cross Week. They will celebrate Ontario’s 6,200 dedicated volunteers who generously give their time and talent to deliver Red Cross programs and services; their staff; and of course, loyal supporters like you who will help improve the lives of more than one million people in Ontario this coming year!
The Red Cross Lottery happens only once each year, the deadline is quickly approaching, and your help is urgently needed to raise one million dollars. They keep advertising costs to a minimum and do not advertise in newspapers, on radio or on TV. This ensures that the most money possible goes right to where it’s needed most – to providing help and hope to those they serve.
Here are two simple ways you can help right now:
Order your ticket today! The earlier you order, the more you can win! $250K and $100K cash, plus cars, vacations and more great prizes every day in July! A total of $1.2 million in prizes will be won this year. Visit their website for tickets and details at www.redcrosslottery.ca.
If you have already ordered your tickets, thank you for your support! They still need your help. Please tell your friends and family about the Red Cross Lottery. Each time you share the news, they will be one step closer to raising the funds they need.
In 2012, with your help and generosity, the Red Cross in Ontario will provide more than:
- 300,000 home delivered meals through Meals on Wheels.
- 250,000 rides to appointments through Transportation Services.
- 30,000 pieces of personal medical equipment like wheelchairs and walkers, through the Health Equipment Loan Program.
- 3 million hours of in-home support services that enable seniors to age with dignity in their own homes.
- 250,000 youth and adults training in violence and abuse prevention.
- 1.5 million people training through swimming and first aid programs, and some will save a life.
- In addition we will continue to respond to disasters every day, both large and small; floods, forest fires, evacuations, ice storms, tornados and house fires; affecting individual families or thousands of people in a community.
Remember, the Red Cross Lottery only happens once a year. By purchasing a ticket, you could win fabulous prizes, and more than one million Ontarians who rely on their programs and services will win too! That’s two more great reasons to celebrate Red Cross Week this year!
Visit redcrosslottery.ca for tickets and details.