The Home Lottery News 2017 Cash for Christmas Giveaway
OFFICIAL RULES AND REGULATIONS
- The Home Lottery News Cash for Christmas Giveaway (the “Contest”) is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook. Facebook is completely released of all liability by each entrant in this Contest. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding the Contest must be directed to the Contest Sponsors (defined below) and not Facebook. You may only use your one (1) personal Facebook account (the “Account”) to participate in this Contest. In order to use Facebook to enter this Contest, you do you will need to sign up for a Facebook Account if you don’t already have one. Signing up for an Account is free. To sign up for an Account, visit www.facebook.com and follow the onscreen instructions.
- SPONSOR: The Contest sponsor is Infinite Gravity Digital Media Ltd (hereinafter referred to as the “Contest Sponsors”). The Home Lottery News is a division of Infinite Gravity Digital Media Ltd.
- CONTEST PERIOD: The Contest starts on Friday, November 10, 2017 at 12:01 am Pacific Time (“PT”) and closes on Friday, December 1, 2017 at 11:59 pm PT (the “Contest Period”). No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited.
- ELIGIBLITY: To enter and to be eligible to win, entrant must be a legal resident of Canada, excluding Quebec and have reached the age of majority in your jurisdiction of residence. Employees (including full-time, part-time and students and any persons on paid or unpaid leave) and their parents, siblings and children, and persons domiciled with an employee of the Contest Sponsors, its agents, parent, affiliated or related companies, subsidiaries, divisions, and individual consultants through contracts of retainer, for periods of service of 30 days or more in the aggregate, prize sponsors, and promotional and advertising agencies and administrators, are ineligible to enter.
- TO ENTER THE CONTEST ON FACEBOOK: Log in into your personal Facebook Account during the Contest Period and ‘Like’ the Home Lottery News Facebook page located at https://www.facebook.com/homelotterynews/, as well as make a comment on the 2017 Cash for Christmas Giveaway post (the “Post”), telling us what you would do with the prize(s) if you win. The Post will include a hyperlink to these Rules to signify that you have read and agree to be bound by these Rules. Limit of one (1) Facebook entry per individual, and one (1) additional entry through our online Entry form on the Contest Page. Each Facebook entrant must comply with Facebook’s Terms of Service available at www.facebook.com. Use of any automated, script, macro, robotic or other program(s) to enter or otherwise participate in this Contest is prohibited and will automatically result in disqualification. All entries and entrants are subject to verification for compliance with these Rules. In the event of a dispute, entries shall be deemed to be submitted by the “Authorized Facebook Account Holder” of the Account that submitted the applicable entry. “Authorized Facebook Account Holder” is defined as the person who is assigned to an Account by www.facebook.com. An entrant may be required to provide proof that he/she is the Authorized Account Holder of the Account that submitted the applicable entry.
- TO ENTER THIS CONTEST ON OUR ONLINE FORM: You may enter the Contest by filling in the entry form on the Contest information page. Upon completion and submission of this form, you will be sent an email with a link to complete the entry process. You will need to provide your name, address, phone number, and email address as part of this process.
- If you opt to enter this Contest via your wireless mobile device (which may only be available via participating wireless carriers and is not required to enter the Contest), standard text messaging and/or data rates may apply according to the terms and conditions of your services agreement with your wireless carrier. Other charges may apply (such as normal airtime and carrier charges) and may appear on your mobile phone bill or be deducted from your prepaid account balance. Wireless carriers’ rate plans may vary, and you should contact your wireless carrier for more information on messaging rate plans and charges relating to your participation in this Contest. Participation in this Contest by mobile device means that you understand that you may receive additional messages by mobile device relating to this Contest, including notifying you if you are the potential Prize winner (if applicable), which may be subject to charges pursuant to your carrier’s rate plan. Mobile device service may not be available in all areas. Check your phone’s capabilities for specific instructions before entering the Contest via your wireless mobile device.
- PRIZES: There are eight (8) prizes available to be won (the “Prizes”). Five (5) Bonus Prizes of $100 (one hundred) each (Deadline November 17, 2017); One (1) Early Bird Prize of $500 (five hundred) (Deadline November 24, 2017); Two (2) Grand Prizes of $1,000 (one thousand) each (Deadline December 1, 2017)
- Prizes must be accepted as awarded. Contest Sponsors reserve the right to substitute the Prize in whole or in part in the event that all or any component of the Prize is unavailable.
- DRAWS: On the Tuesday following each deadline (Bonus Draw November 21, 2017; Early Bird Draw November 28, 2017; Final Draw December 5, 2017), random draws for the applicable Prizes will take place at the offices of Infinite Gravity Digital Media Ltd., Maple Ridge BC, from among all eligible entries received during the Contest Period (the “Prize Draws”). The first (1st) entry drawn for each applicable Prize will be eligible to win that Prize. The odds of winning any Prize will depend on the total number of entries received during the Contest Period. Infinite Gravity Digital Media Ltd., acting reasonably, will attempt to contact the potential Prize winner to notify potential winner that he or she may have won a Prize using the information provided at the time of entry within three (3) business days after the Prize Draw. The potential Prize winner is solely responsible for monitoring his/her Account for such notification messages. In the event that a potential winner does not respond to the Contest Sponsors’ notification message as outlined in the notification within three (3) business days after the Prize Draw, he or she will be disqualified and an alternate potential winner may be drawn at the Contest Sponsor’s sole discretion. Proof of identification must be provided upon request.In order to be declared a winner, potential winner must first correctly answer, unaided, a time-limited mathematical skill testing question administered by Infinite Gravity Digital Media Ltd. Before being awarded a Prize, the potential winner will be required to sign and return within the time stipulated by the Contest Sponsors, a full release and indemnity form stating that, among other things, he/she has read, understood and complied with these Rules, including the eligibility requirements, grants all consents required, agrees to be available and to participate in publicity and/or promotions related to the Contest and/or the Contest Sponsors and/or similar matters, authorizes the Contest Sponsors to broadcast, publish, disseminate and otherwise use his/her name, city/town/village and province/territory of residence, photograph, likeness, sobriquet and voice, in connection with any promotion and/or publicity, and/or for general news, entertainment and/or information purposes at no additional compensation to the potential winner, beyond the awarding of or participation in the Prize, accepts the Prize as offered and releases the Contest Sponsors from any and all liability of any kind arising out of the potential winner’s participation in this Contest and receipt and use of the Prize. In the event that that a potential winner does not comply with all the provisions as contemplated in these Rules, Contest Sponsors shall have the right to disqualify the potential winner, and draw an alternate potential winner, and the Contest Sponsors shall be fully and completely released and discharged from any liability or responsibility in this regard. The provisions and procedures referred to above relating to selection and notification of a potential winner shall be applied, with the necessary amendments, until all qualified winners have been duly selected, but in any event, no later than December 10, 2017. In the sole discretion of the Contest Sponsors, if the Winner has a disability that would not permit him or her to pick up the prize in-person (if applicable), the Contest Sponsors may provide for an alternative method of delivery. Unclaimed Prizes will not be distributed or otherwise awarded to other entrants.
- By entering this Contest the entrants and participants automatically agree to accept and abide by these Rules. All decisions of the Contest Sponsors with respect to any aspect of this Contest, including without limitation the eligibility of entries, are final and binding on all entrants in all matters as they relate to this Contest.
- All entries become property of Contest Sponsors who assume no responsibility for garbled, lost, late, delayed, destroyed or misdirected entries, mail, voice messages, e-mail or any computer errors or malfunctions. No correspondence will be entered into except with entrants requesting Rules by mail or requesting the names of the Prize winners (for which a self-addressed, postage paid envelope must be included). Contest Sponsors do not assume any responsibility for incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry information, technical malfunctions, human or technical error, seeding or printing errors, lost, delayed or garbled data or transmissions, omission, interruption, deletion, defect or failures of any telephone or computer line or network, computer equipment, software or any combination thereof. Entry materials or data that have been tampered with or altered are void. If for any reason, in the opinion of the Contest Sponsors, in their sole discretion, the Contest is not capable of running as originally planned, or if the administration, security, fairness, integrity or the proper conduct of the Contest is corrupted or adversely affected, including by reason of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond its control, Contest Sponsors reserve their right to cancel, terminate, modify, amend, extend or suspend the Contest, and select a winner from previously received eligible entries. Contest Sponsors reserve their right to modify the Rules without materially affecting the terms and conditions hereof. The Contest Sponsors reserve their right in their sole discretion to disqualify any individual they find to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of the Rules or otherwise in a disruptive manner. Any attempts to deliberately damage the Contest website or to undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made the Contest Sponsors reserve their right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent of the law. Contest Sponsors shall not be held responsible for any errors or negligence that may arise or occur in connection with the Contest including any damage to an entrant’s computer equipment, system, software or any combination thereof, as a result of their participation in this Contest or from downloading any material from the Contest website, where applicable. If due to a printing, production or other error, more prizes are claimed than are intended to be awarded for any prize level, the intended prizes will be awarded in a random drawing from among all verified and validated prize claims received for that prize level. In no event will more than the stated number of prizes be awarded.
- In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of the Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest related materials, including, but not limited to, point of sale, television, print or online advertising, the terms and conditions of the Rules shall prevail, govern and control.
- All intellectual property, including but not limited to trade-marks, trade-names, logos, designs, promotional materials, web pages, source codes, drawings, illustrations, slogans and representations are owned by the Contest Sponsors and/or their affiliates. All rights are reserved. Unauthorized copying or use of any copyrighted material or intellectual property without the express written consent of its owner is strictly prohibited.
SHORT RULES for The Home Lottery News’s Cash for Christmas Giveaway
*No purchase necessary. Contest starts on Friday, November 10, 2017 at 12:01 am Pacific Time (“PT”) and closes on Friday, December 1, 2017 at 11:59 pm PT. Open to legal residents of Canada (excluding Quebec) who have reached the age of majority in their jurisdiction of residence. Terms and conditions apply. Correct answer to a mathematical skill-testing question required. Prizes: Five (5) Bonus Prizes of $100 (one hundred) each (Deadline November 17, 2017); One (1) Early Bird Prize of $500 (five hundred) (Deadline November 24, 2017); Two (2) Grand Prizes of $1,000 (one thousand) each (Deadline December 1, 2017). The odds of winning any Prize will depend upon the total number of eligible entries received during the Contest Period. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. Complete contest rules and entry available at https://homelottery.ca/our-contests/2017-cash-christmas-giveaway/2017-cash-christmas-rules/.